Professional resume for Ann Rafalko, social media and digital content consultant.
Social media and digital content strategist for small- and medium-sized businesses, not-for-profit institutions, and individuals in all fields. Ann has extensive experience in helping business-owners understand the real ways that their digital presence can positively impact their business, public speaking, webinar and workshop facilitation and deployment, as well as crafting social media and content marketing campaigns, technology and website strategies, content creation and editing.
LUXE INTERIORS + DESIGN - NEW YORK, N.Y.
Senior Manager, Luxe Preferred, March 2017 - Present
Luxe Preferred is a client network at Luxe Interiors + Design. As the Senior Manager I specialize in helping small businesses use their digital assets to showcase their work, enhance their networks, and find and convert new business. I consult and coach each client, giving them the tools to make the most of their brand online. In addition I host weekly digital workshops on a variety of digital topics and quarterly webinars.
Senior Manager, Luxe Preferred, May 2106 - March 2017
Using digital to connect the design community, help professionals build their businesses, and to inspire design enthusiasts to see their homes as their greatest luxuries.
CENTRAL PARK CONSERVANCY - NEW YORK, N.Y.
Social Media Senior Manager, March May 2015 - May 2016
- Launched Central Park’s Instagram, Tumblr, Periscope, and Snapchat
- Implemented a successful paid social program (Facebook and Twitter) to increase donor database
- Developed comprehensive digital content strategy encompassing all internal departments
- Worked on task force to set new strategic communication plan
- Partnered with external marketing agencies to create in-Park marketing and fundraising campaigns
- Managed social media for Parkwide events
- Worked with citywide cultural institutions and nonprofits for coordinated social events
Director of Online Content, September 2010 - September 2013
- Lead the visual design and editorial content of NYBG’s consumer websites
- Created new social media campaigns while maintaining and expanding existing campaigns
- Tripled traffic to NYBG blog, Plant Talk
- Developed new digital identity for the Garden’s website, nybg.org
- Partnered with The Metropolitan Museum of Art to develop the first NYBG iPhone app, NYBG In Bloom
- Expanded use of QR codes as exhibition elements across NYBG’s 250 acres
- Developed and produced video projects with in-house video team and NYBG staff
- Evaluated and partnered with New York City startups
- Tracked and analyzed social and search data to present to management
- Collaborated in fulfilling and winning grants for expanded technology across all NYBG departments
- Won $250,000 grant in social media contest against 39 New York City cultural institutions
FORBES - New York, N.Y.
Homepage Editor, January 2010 - September 2010
- Chose stories for feature wells and news well on homepage
- Used Web analytics to analyze and tweak homepage content
- Assigned, edited, and wrote stories as needed
- Worked on task force to develop new CMS
Copy Chief & News Editor, November 2008 - January 2010
- Managed New York-based copy desk and news desks in Hong Kong and London
- Maintained style across website
Deputy Copy Chief & News Editor, February 2008 - November 2008
- Managed and trained copy desk staff and editorial staff
- Maintained continuity of copy, imagery, and voice across entire website
- Edited and produced weekly email newsletters
Assistant News Editor, January 2005 - February 2008
- Assisted in writing, editing and designing landing pages for special reports
Editorial Assistant, July 2003 - January 2005
- Produced and maintained editorial calendar
- Received and filtered reader emails
- Coordinated and managed move of 50-person newsroom to new offices
- Bryn Mawr College - Bryn Mawr, Pa., B. A. Anthropology, cum laude
- Harvard University - Cambridge, Mass., Visiting student, Dean’s List